Thursday, June 30, 2011

Día Feriado

Today is El Día del Ejército, a national holiday, so I didn't have my volunteer project and not a lot of interesting stuff happened. The weather was nice again this morning! The Spanish lesson was great as usual. I asked lots of questions, got lots of answers, improved my use of imperfect/preterit even more, and learned a little more about conditional/future tense stuff... After lunch I did my laundry. The laundromat is so expensive, it cost me Q50 (like $6.50) to do one load of laundry! Boo!! But whatever. I signed up for a weekend trip to Lake Atitlan/Chichicastenango with a group from the language school! Lake Atitlan is supposedly "the most beautiful place in the world" (at least SOMEONE said that lol) and you can hike, kayak, or do cliff jumping there. Hmm don't think I'll be cliff jumping though. Chichicastenango is "one of the biggest markets in Latin America" so that should be fun! :) hmm I guess I should probably buy souvenirs then. OK I didn't really do anything else today, cause the laundry took me like 3 hours total (to get all my clothes together, walk to the laundromat, etc. etc.) and I have homework. And besides that I've just been on the computer lol. It's hard to go out and explore the city when it rains so much. :/ I really don't like going out in the rain. Yup I think that's about it for today! Wow short blog!

If you have any questions about my trip or anything I've talked about feel free to ask...I don't really know what else to add lol

1 comment:

sfgiantsdad said...

So glad you are enjoying yourself.